Friday, June 29, 2012

Random Confessions

I feel like the last week has been insanely full, so in order to catch you all up I'm going to offer a series of random confessions.

1. I tear up at the beginning of concerts/musicals. I think I just get so excited that little tears spring up. Have you guys seen this: 


Okay, so I may not have Kristen Bell's emotional scale or as strong of reaction as she has, but my eyes do tend to leak at extreme emotions (overwhelming joy, excitement, high levels of frustration). What I'm saying is that I'm my mother's daughter. Anyway, I've noticed this bizarre concert phenomenon that I get so happy to be surrounded by people in a shared love of the musician/band that as the music starts I feel a little emotional.

 

1a.  I grabbed this from YouTube. It's someone's video from Glen's show last week. I can't even explain how ridiculously good it was.... so you might be able to guess that I felt like crying afterward. I have been listening to him nonstop since the show. He was real, full of talent, funny, and simply brilliant. I also went to see Wicked and The Avett Brothers last week. I was pretty much in music heaven. This was my second time seeing Wicked and I loved it even more the second time. I had forgotten how funny it was on stage. And The Avett Brothers? I knew I liked their music (duh), but what really struck me during the show was how poignant their lyrics are and the depth that lies there. So I now have an even greater appreciation for them. Plus, they give their all on stage, so their love of the music pours out to the crowd. Insanely good.

Confession #2: I forget about games on my phone. I never had a gaming system growing up (Nintendo, Gameboy, whatever), so I guess my brain just doesn't really have wiring to pay much attention to games played through a machine. Sure, I've enjoyed Guitar Hero when it's been around and I like playing Hanging with Friends on my phone. But here's what happens: I think it's fun and then I just forget that it exists. My attention span is apparently short for such things. I started playing Draw Something with like 10 people. It was fun (even though it looked like I was drawing with my eyes shut), but then poof! I forgot it existed and that I was in the middle of games with people. I'm guessing that this is the same area of the brain that is supposed to remember how to play card games, which I cannot do either. I learn for the game, play (poorly), and then forget the rules as soon as the game is over. Thus, I have zero plans to gamble because I can already tell you how that would turn out.

Numero 3: I'm falling in love with California. I've been here for 4 months now and I'm finding my place in so many ways. I don't know what this means past September, but I'm beginning to think about going on staff out here. I don't have solid plans and I certainly have no real idea if this is the Lord's plan, but yet I'm finding myself more at peace with the idea of staying.

#5 (My favorite confession): I have cried multiple times over this. 

This beautiful little boy is Foster. He is Sarah's new baby. (I totally stole this pic from her blog.) This little guy is a blessing and answered prayer. And from the time I found out that Sarah was pregnant to his arrival I have felt such joy, hope, awe, and love. My heart is so full for her and Andrew. So I've been crying as I awaited his arrival and in seeing the updates and pics that followed. There is something so beautiful and satisfying to see people you love being tended to by God. In just a few days I'm heading to Texas, which means I'll get to see Foster and Sarah in person. I am full of anticipation at seeing my dear friend hold her newborn. And, yes, there will be lots and lots of tears.

I should probably work on my hydration with all the crying that's been going on. Hand me a Gatorade!

No comments:

Post a Comment