Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ta da!!!

Have you noticed my blog's makeover??!! So long boring blog! See ya sucker!

Okay, let's be totally honest: my technological skills are primarily stuck in the late 90's with a few updates in 2006 when I joined social networking. That means that I lack the ability to do this jazzing up by myself. Sharon helped me out. And by helped me out I mean that she took my short essay emails and made sense of them, was patient when I couldn't fully define what I meant, kindly changed a color when I told her it reminded me of pink Runts and made me nauseous (no, I'm not joking), and put up with my bizarre work and therefore odd emailing schedule. She also didn't judge me (at least to my knowledge) when I told her that I wanted to put a pony on the page. (You'll find Charlotte at the bottom. Seriously. Go all the way down and say hello to her.)

So, here's what you'll now see: it's pretty! A little bit funky and quirky and a bit of classic lines (if classic, funky, quirky doesn't describe my style I don't know what does). You can go over to my social networking sites via the hearts at the top menu bar (figuring out how to get those links to Sharon showed me my true lack of understanding in Internet land). My cooking blog is also linked at the top. On the side you'll be able to read a few of my favorite blogs, skip directly to my 7th Year posts, or search the archives. Oh! And there's a feed of my Instagram pics in case you were dying to know how I waste my time.  

With this beautification process and my time in CA, I've been inspired to resume my cooking blog. Like with just cooking since I now have a super cool, totally rad, cowabunga spectacular page for non-cooking stuff (sorry, the CA sun is going to my head). And in the upcoming weeks my cooking blog is going to look a little less drab too. Score! Pretty and organized things make my creative juices flow. Maybe that's why walking into Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware makes me feel like walking around singing, touching the textures, and pretending like I'm in a sitcom. Pretend like I didn't just confess that. And I don't pretend like I'm in a sitcom, but it does makes me ridiculously giddy. Add a Starbucks chai tea latte and I'm pretty much in heaven. Do you think God will decorate my heaven home like those stores? Certainly He knows my affinity for soft, cushy bedding, right?

Welcome to my weirdness, now with a new design!

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment