Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Nurse

As a nurse I have:
saved lives
laughed with my patients
gone 9 hours without a break
faced death
comforted families
helped a first time father hold his baby in NICU
given hope
been sexually harassed
not made the pay my job deserves
educated myself because I want the absolute best for my patients
cried
kept feelings and stories to myself because they were too heavy
become aware that only other nurses truly understand
sat in awe at the gift of life
smiled into the face of innocent babies
watched life prove how unfair it can be
lost sleep
worried
been a cheerleader
given my heart to those I care for
built relationships
become a part of someone's story
championed for my patients
felt honored to be with people at their most vulnerable moment
loved my job... and realized that it's more than a job.

Happy Nurses Week!!

And to all of those that work so hard and so selflessly, thank you. What you do is special and you're a rock star. 


No comments:

Post a Comment