Sunday, March 4, 2012

The 7th Year: Week 2 in 20 minutes or less

Okay friends, I'm limited to 20 minutes of battery life since I'm at the mercy of Barnes & Noble's WiFi and foolishly did not bring my cord. So, let's just get down to business, okay?

Ummm, can I just say how much I love how the Lord gives us what we need exactly when we need it? As I've been preparing to move from Missouri to California (a drastic move, especially considering that I'm the least adventurous person of all my friends), I've had so many mixed feelings. In Week 2 of They 7th Year, we had a chance to plot significant moments God has had in our lives. It was such an encouragement to see His love and consistency in my life prior to a season of giant unknowns. BUT, that wasn't really all that I gleaned.

As I was pondering my moments, I put something that hadn't even happened on my timeline. There in bold lettering my timeline read "Move to California". You see, I don't have a clue what's going to happen here. I don't know how long, what this time will look like, who will be my local support system, or if this will even be like anything I've imagined. I do know that I've called on God many times prior to and on this trip to be my help. I have spent more time in conversation and in brief prayers than I had prior to this decision. I know that I need Him to make it through this season. I am here in the unknown full of expectation. I'm not quite sure what to expect other than I expect Him to show up. Why? Simply because I'm asking Him to. I can't wait to see what He adds to my timeline through this experience. Dear ones, I've had people say they expect that I won't want to return to MO after my travels or that I'll meet my husband while I'm away. I have to tell you that I think that those expectations are missing the point. Those are not my expectations. I expect for God to break me, to help me become smaller in my own life and for Him to be magnified, for refinement so that I can become more of a servant to others, and for the insignificant things in life to become less of a crutch. Oh, how I desperately hope that is the outcome of this trip. Those desires will sound bizarre and foolish to many. I realize that. But I'm willing to look like a fool to the world, I suppose. My confidence and worth don't come from others' opinions. Who I am is defined by being a child of a God that has so lovingly taken care of me. And now with 2 minutes left of my battery, I must say goodbye.

Hugs and High Fives from CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment