Friday, February 3, 2012

Hooray!

Friends, Romans, countrymen... Sorry. Half the time when I start out with "Friends" I feel the urge to quote Julius Caesar. Do I know anymore than "Friends, Roman countrymen, lend me your ears"? Nope. But that doesn't keep me from wanting to say the one part that I do know. Just like when I hear anything that remotely relates to You've Got Mail I have to reference the movie. It's in my soul and I just can't help myself. (In case you're not obsessed with the movie, I just did it. It's a sickness. Using a quote while talking about quoting a movie... does it get much dorkier than that?)

Okay, now that I've rambled, let's get down to business.

I'm moving to California in 25 days. TWENTY-FIVE DAYS! I'm nervous. I'm so nervous I'm shaking like a chihuahua. Well, maybe it's the combination of cold and nerves. I'll probably go a little nutso over the next month as I prepare for what is the biggest transition of my life. (Dramatic, much?) Today to celebrate I'm going to buy a gigantic suitcase and pepper spray. I'll probably also make a master to do list to help wrangle all the random lists in my head... The shaking just increased. I think it's nerves, not coldness. Does anyone else out there shake when they get nervous? I'm totally serious when I tell you that I do this. I always have with extreme nerves. When I took boards for nursing, I shook. When I had to speak at graduation, I shook. When I think about moving across the country, I shake. You know the one place I don't shake? The hospital. Do I get nervous at times? Totally, but I'm always able to be calm.

I've had way too much caffeine this morning. Caffeine + nerves = a scatter brain that rambles. Sorry.

Okay, let's regroup here. First piece of business was that I'm moving in 25 days. The second piece of business is quite exciting as well. I've been chosen to be one of the official bloggers for The 7th Year!! If you read my last posting you may recall that The 7th Year is a personal journey that Alicia Britt Chole has designed. It's purpose is to deepen your relationship with God in an intentional way. I'm so crazy excited about this project and that I'll be sharing it with my sisters, Sesha and Stalena. I probably would have blogged about it anyway because I just feel like it's going to be big. But to be an official blogger just means so much. It's quite the honor for me and I pray that my experience touches others.

So, here's my promise to you: I promise to be totally honest and open in my experience. I'll obviously use wisdom on choosing what and how to share information (and I'll never share the girls' details), but I want you to know that I'm not going to be fake. Whether it's my goofy side, spiritual side, baking side.... I want my blog to be a genuine reflection of who I am. That means being honest, not catering to what I may feel is expected, and simply allowing myself the confidence to be myself. The girls and I are signing up next Wednesday. Eek!!! I have so many more feelings about this, but I'll save them for later. What do you say we wrap this thing up? I have shaking to do... and a list to write.

Hugs and High Fives!

Love,
The Redheaded Chihuahua

1 comment: