Monday, January 2, 2012

Progress

The California Board of Nursing has cashed my check, which means that even with my address mishap they've received my application and are processing it! My misstep made me wonder if California was the right starting point for me. I considered that perhaps God was redirecting my path. And He certainly could still be doing that. A California license does not guarantee a CA job. But with this little step of progress, I'm now wondering if I foolishly and prematurely gave up on CA as a starting point. Here's the truth: I have no clue what's ahead of me. I mean, zero. Sometimes that makes me a little nervous, especially since it's getting closer. And other times, I'm okay with the unknown because I still have a couple months. But really, more than anything, I just need to pray more diligently about what's ahead.

Prayers for things like safety during my travel, for my Saturn to make the long haul for the next year or two, for the right jobs to open up, for amazing new friends and families to embrace me while on the road, for my eyes to be open to what God is doing, for peace during the unknown, and to sustain relationships with those I adore back home.

Eek! This is quite the experience I've signed up for, but I know that good will abound. I just have to put on my brave boots, remind myself that God has it covered, and dream about the places I'll get to visit. Dear friends, it's going to be quite the adventure.

Hugs and High-Fives.
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment