Thursday, January 12, 2012

Let's see where this ends up...

Good morning, dear friends! Today started out beautifully and not just because I slept 11 hours.

No, it wasn't the monumental sleep that made it a great morning. It was waking and reading the news that my friend, Sarah, is pregnant!!! I wish I could fully explain the blessing and gift of this news. I just have to tell you all that God is good. I mean, breathtakingly good. In the last few months, I have had three wonderful women that longed to become mothers have God answer their prayers. It's been a season of God repeatedly saying "I hear your heart and I know you've had to wait, but your time has come, my daughter". It's simply beautiful. In the midst of everything, God is still active and creating miracles. With each friend's news I am reassured that God knows my own heart's longings and that my time will come too.

So, that's a pretty great start to the day, right??!! I've been sitting here with God this morning, sharing my heart, asking for guidance with all my upcoming transitions, and seeing His hand in the morning's falling snow. It's an overwhelming love that covers me. I don't know how I'd make it without Him.

It's actually because of the Lord that I'm even taking this step into travel nursing. It's the courage that He provides that has made me brave enough to embrace it. It's a healing and restoration that has made me once again dream and be adventurous enough to leap into the unknown. It's His countless times of providing that help me to know if I offer myself that He will provide opportunities.

Have you seen the movie Eat, Pray, Love?

I liked the movie for the travel scenes. I may not agree with all of the choices or the religions shown, but what I appreciated was the exploration of the foreign locations. Italy was my favorite because it was truly about exploring, enjoying food and friends and life, and embracing a culture.

This is what excites me about travel nursing. Certainly, I'm looking forward to paying off student loans. (Hello, financial freedom? Let's be best friends, okay?) But what excites me is arriving to new places, finding little gems in the cities, journaling in Starbucks across the country, making news friends, seeing what happens when God takes me out of my comfort zone after a few years of sheltered love and attention, and finally living a full and abundant life of truth. Could that be done staying in my current home with little trips scattered about? I honestly doubt it. And so I must go. I want to go. Sure, I want to stay in some ways. However, I don't want to live a life wondering what would have happened if I had been brave and stepped out of my comfort zone. Gracious. That would just be sad.

Besides, what if this is what leads to the answering of my prayers? I have no clue what God has planned for me, but I know that it's going to be good. After years of preparation, it's time for this new season. It's time to fully live my life with no fear.

2 comments:

  1. I love you and I think you are one of the most amazing women in all the world! You are beautiful! Thank you so much for the caring you do for our souls! The Lord has a precious surprise in waiting for you!
    LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I appreciate your perspective on our reactions to the blessings we see in others' lives.instead of wallowing in jealousy, we can be encouraged by these good gifts we see God giving others - they are proof of God's faithfulness and we know he keeps his promises! Some day our time will come, and we don't know the road he'll have us walk to get there. I can't wait to see where your story is headed with Him. Rock on sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete